18 May 2009

Lalala - Nouvelle Vague feat. Julie Delpy

Julie Delpy is very inspiring. I think her role as Celine in Before Sunrise and Before Sunset was herself. She was playing as herself in that movie. I see her personality as Julie Delpy in that character as Celine. Here is the lyric, Nouvelle Vague with Julie Delpy, 2 Days In Paris soundtrack, the other Julie Delpy' movie (I'd say she was playing as herself too in this movie!). I found it very interesting, I like it very much. I love her pronunciation. I admire her when she speaks in English.



I wanna dance like we used to
When it was pure when it was new
Love me whole like I love you
Wanna be free but free with you

I wanna dance like we used to
And not worry about you and me
We're gonna die of global warming
Or avian flu or quitting smoking

I want to stay for a while
Until it's time to let go
I'd like to really take my time
Explore all that comes to mind

I'd like to dance like we used to
Before the new world order rules
Don't wanna do what others do
Let's pretend there's no rules

I wanna dance like we used to
We're so lucky and so spoiled
You and I are such futile jobs
Let's stop acting like kings and queens


Then she starts to sing in French...


Je veux danser, comme on dansait
Quand tout était si doux et frais
Aime moi tout comme je t'aime toi
Je veux être libre mais libre avec toi

Je veux danser, comme on dansait
Sans s'inquieter de toi et moi
Nous sommes gâtés, nous sommes pourris
Nos occupations si futiles


You can download the song here

No comments: